A Ophthalmic Technician is in demand. What does a Ophthalmic Technician do?
Ophthalmic Technician performs administrative and certain clinical duties under the direction of physician. Administrative duties may include scheduling appointments, maintaining medical records, billing, and coding for insurance purposes. Clinical duties may include taking and recording vital signs and medical histories, preparing patients for examinations.
Holland Codes - SCR
- Interview patients to obtain medical information.
- Show patients to examination rooms and prepare them for the physician.
- Record patients' medical history, vital statistics and information such as test results in medical records.
- Explain treatment procedures and physicians' instructions to patients.
- Prepare treatment rooms for patient examinations, keeping the rooms neat and clean.
Tools & Technology
Tools used in this occupation:
- Ophthalmoscopes or otoscopes or scope sets — Opthalmoscopes; Otoscopes
Technology used in this occupation:
- Accounting software — Billing software; Bookkeeping software
- Calendar and scheduling software — Appointment scheduling software
- Data base user interface and query software — Computerized patient management software; Database software
- Office suite software — Business software applications Word processing software
KnowledgeOphthalmic Technician have knowledge of -
- English Language
- Customer and Personal Service
SkillsOphthalmic Technician are skilled in -
- Time Management