for Teachers, Counselors, and Parents
Middle school teachers and counselors prefer VISUAL learning techniques and vibrant kid career resources. Teachers and counselors are looking for products that clarify thoughts, integrate new knowledge, and promote critical thinking. Teachers and counselors present new information so that the concepts are more thoroughly and easily understood.
Middle school career education tools should improve –
- Attention Span and Concentration: holds audience’s attention and helps people absorb information
- Memory Skills and Understanding: improves ability to absorb information
- Speed of Learning: reduces the time it takes to complete career tests.
Middle school career awareness programs use age appropriate materials that match the developmental levels of the students. Age appropriate activities expose students to a variety of –
- Different jobs
- Career information sources
- The reasons why people work
- Higher grades
- Higher academic achievement
- Improved school involvement, as well as
- An increase in career awareness exploration, personal, and interpersonal skills
Hollandcodes.com provides information about middle school career tests, career assessment tests, career exploration classroom activities, career planning curriculum, educational career assessments, kids games, kids activities, and educational resources. These resources are aligned with the following National Career Development Guidelines. Hollandcodes.com sells the following kid career tests or career test activities –
- Self Directed Search Career Explorer (SDS CE)
- PICS Interest Career Survey
- Paint Careers With Colors System
Self Directed Search Career Explorer Assessment and FinderThe Self Directed Search is –
- Easy to use, printed – Complete the career self assessment test in 30 minutes.
- Tested, proven, and dependable – Used by over 22 million people worldwide.
- An excellent, introductory resource
The SDS Career Explorer has kids activities.
The kid career test matches interests, activities, and skills to Holland Codes and 400 careers.
PICS Interest Career Survey
The PICS Interest Career Survey is a middle school career test, Picture Interest Test, and an easy-to-do Holland Code assessment that uses 36 sets of 3 pictures as a quick way to –
- Explore their career interests
- Find a job that fits
- Who are In ESL/GED programs
- Who have limited reading ability
- Who have limited knowledge of English
- Who are developmentally delayed
- Who are learning disabled
- Who have special needs
- Who have limited access to education
- Who are chronically unemployed
- Takes less than fifteen minutes to complete and score
- Uses pictures of people at work
- Is self-administered and self-scored
- Look at 36 sets of 3 pictures.
- Choose which of the three portrayed occupations seems most interesting.
- Total the number and kind of pictures selected.
The Career Locator matches Holland Code interest areas to 600 careers. Careers are placed in one of the following groups – Careers that require Short Term On-the-Job-Training, Moderate Term On-the-Job-Training, Long Term On-the-Job-Training, Associate Degree, Bachelor’s Degree, Professional Degree, and Postsecondary Vocational Training.
On the Career Planning Worksheet, you record information about education required, projected earning, job outlook, skills, and next step.
Paint Careers With Colors Kid Career Test
The Paint Careers With Colors System is a kid career test that introduces you to interests, Holland Codes, and careers. There are two versions of the kid career test –
- RIASEC Version
- Children’s Version
The RIASEC Version is for Middle School students. For Middle School students, the RIASEC Version should be used with the Self-Directed Search Career Explorer.
The Paint Careers With Colors Kids Job Test uses self-by-step activities, career games for Kids, and kids activities for career choices to highlight Holland Codes or Colors to Careers Codes. On each page, you choose the careers that you like or are interested in.
At the end of the career test for kids, you summarize your results. The Summary Sheet identifies your Holland Codes or Colors to Careers Codes.
The Paint Careers With Colors Kids Career Test comes with a Colors to Careers Career Model and Colors to Careers Code or Holland Code Descriptions. The Paint Careers With Colors Child Career Test is an excellent tool to introduce you to career exploration, Holland Codes, and Colors to Careers Codes. The graphics hold your attention as you identify your career interests. Career Test comes with –
- Children Test
- Children Test Guide
- Photo Test
- Photo Test Guide
- RIASEC Test
- RIASEC Test Guide
- Learn and apply the academic material
- Know and value self
- Build self-esteem and confidence
- Identify interests and build relationships between the school environment and the work force
- Build academic, communication, problem solving, and social skills
- Increase awareness of the need for future jobs skills
- See the connections between learning in school, academic skills, job related skills, and careers
- See career possibilities
- See themselves as a future contributor to the job force
- Receive empowerment
- Build self-determination