In 2013, Hollandcodes.com will launch a NEW virtual Holland Codes for Kids career awareness center for elementary and middle school students.
The Holland Codes for Kids Program has the following items -
- Virtual Kid Career Posters, Key, and Videos
- Starter Kit
- Career Resource Guide
- Guide to Unlock Your Potential
- Unlock Your Treasure Chest Guide to Career Exploration
- Training Manual
- Flash Cards and Bingo Cards
- Additional Information Registration Form
Holland Codes for Kids Model
There are two versions – the RIASEC Version and the Children’s Version.
- The RIASEC Version is for Middle School students and uses the Self-Directed Search Career Explorer.
- The Children’s Version is for elementary students and uses poster activity.
| || |
· A = ARTISTIC
· A = ARTS
· E = ENTERPRISING
· B = BUSINESS
· C = CONVENTIONAL
· O = OFFICE
· S = SOCIAL
· P = PEOPLE
· I = INVESTIGATIVE
· S = SCIENCE
· R = REALISTIC
· T = TECHNICAL/ TOOLS
Holland Codes for Kids Career Posters
The Holland Codes for Kids Career Program uses self-by-step activities, career games for Kids, and kids activities for career choices to highlight Holland Codes or Colors to Careers Codes. On each web page, you choose the careers that you like or are interested in.
At the end of the career poster exercise, you summarize your results. The Summary Sheet identifies your Holland Codes.
The Holland Codes for Kids Career Program comes with a Career Model, Holland Code Descriptions, and Color Key. The Holland Codes for Kids Career Program is an excellent tool to introduce you to career exploration, Holland Codes, and Careers. The graphics hold your attention as you identify your career interests.
Over three hundred (300) Colors to Careers Posters feature graphics, Holland Codes, and Colors to Careers Codes. The Colors to Careers Posters are Easy Scoring. You sort the posters quickly according to likes and dislikes. At the end of the poster sorting exercise, you will have your Holland Code and Colors to Careers Code. The posters are an excellent way to explore careers. The poster shows you’re the relationship between Holland Codes, Color-to Careers Codes, and careers.
Career Posters comes with -
- Children Version
- Leaders Version
- RIASEC Version
- Photo Posters
- Poster Card Instruction Sheet-2009 – Photo Version
- Poster Card Instruction Sheet-2009 – RIASEC Version
- Poster Card Instruction Sheet-2009 – Children Version
Use the Starter Kit to promote the Holland Codes for Kids Program.
Promotional Starter Kit
The Starter Kit helps teachers, counselors, and parents prepare for a Paint Careers With Colors System. The Starter Kit has the following items –
- News Release
- Flyers for children
- Flyers for teachers, counselors, and parents
- Tent Cards
- Name Tags
- Stickers for Tent Cards and Name Tags
The News Release advertises the beginning of the Holland Codes for Kids Program. Send out the News Release prior to starting the system.
The Children’s and Adult’s Flyers provide information about the Holland Codes for Kids Program.
Use Name Tags and Tent Cards to identify children, students, teachers, counselors, or parents.
Individuals place stickers on Name Tags and Tent Cards. The Stickers lists the 6 Holland Codes. When the children or students have completed the Career Poster Exercise, they will be instructed to place the correct labels on their Name Tags and Tent Cards. The Stickers identify each individual’s Holland Codes.
Career Resource Guide
The Career Resource Guide (Internet Resources for Teachers, Counselors, Parents, Adults, and Teens) includes additional information from the following areas –
- Holland Code Career Assessment Activities
- Awareness, Assessment, and Knowledge Resources
- Career Exploration Sites
1. Look at Exploring Careers Web Sites
- Career Information
- Science Career Group
- Specific Careers — Science
Guide to Unlock Your Potential Curriculum
This Guide to Unlock Your Potential Curriculum provides strategies –
- To motivate students to expand their knowledge of themselves and the world of work
- To empower students with the skills, knowledge, and support they need to enhance their career and personal development
- To encourage the discovery and refinement of students’ work values, interests and skills, as well as their academic and career planning
3. Career Exploration
- Three Steps Within the Career Planning and Exploration Process
- Step One: Awareness, Knowledge and Assessment
- Step Two: Education and Occupational Exploration
- Step Three: Career Planning
- Career Exploration and Planning
- Areas Influencing Career Planning and Exploration
- Expanded List of Areas Influencing Career Planning and Exploration
- Career and Vocational Knowledge
- Different Occupational Areas
- Career Exploration Exercise Results
- Additional Career Websites
Unlock Your Treasure – Children
The Children’s version of the Unlock Your Treasure Chest Guide to Career Exploration is used in conjunction with the Self Directed Search Career Explorer and the Holland Codes for Kids (Children's and RIASEC Version).
The Unlock Your Treasure Chest Guide to Career Exploration has 3 sections:
- Guide to Exploring Careers
- Internet Resources for Teachers, Counselors, Parents, Adults, Kids and Children
- Visual Aids or Screenshots from the Unlock the Treasure Chest Guidebook
The topics included in the Unlock Your Treasure Chest Guide to Career Exploration are:
- Learning about Yourself
- Find the Secret Code
- Understand the Secret Code – The Holland Code
- Find Your Career Group
- Identify Careers Using Paint Careers With Colors System
- Identify Careers Using the Self Directed Search Career Explorer
- Explore Careers Using Career Web Sites
- Explore Career Using Career Books
The Training Manual provides detailed step-by-step
instructions to administer and implement the different aspects of the
Paint Careers With Colors System. The Training Manual covers the following areas –
1. Introduction (For Parents, Teachers, & Counselors)
2. Paint Careers With Colors System –
- Career Test
- Color Key
- 3 Ways To Choose a Right Career Test For Your Child or Student
- Holland Career Self Assessment Tests
- Features Of Career Self Assessments Tests
- Learning About Yourself
- Day One: Meet Your Guides and Get Your Map
- Day Two: Meet John Holland, a Great Explorer
- Day Three: Find The Secret Code
- Day Four: Understand The Secret Code – The Paint Careers With Colors Code
- Day Five: Find Your Career Group
- Day Six: Get Your Holland Code.
- Day Seven: Get Your Career List
- Day Eight: Look at Exploring Careers Web Sites
- Day Nine: Look at Exploring Careers Books
6. Day Ten: Look at Career Posters
7. Paint Careers With Colors Career Posters
- Preparation For Career Poster Activity
- Sorting By Likes And Dislikes
- Summary Sheet
- Final Review
- Highest Code Letters
9. Visual Aids Or Screenshots For Teachers, Counselors, Or Parents
10. Flash Cards
Flash Cards and Bingo Cards Sets
The purpose of the Flash Cards and Bingo Cards are to help the students:
- Discover their interests, abilities, and skills.
- Find out what makes their personality tick.
- Explore careers with middle school students, children, and kids.
- Link careers to interests, abilities and skills.
- Flash Cards – Adults Version
- Flash Cards - Children Version
VersionsSelf-enroll in preview courses -
- Holland Codes for Kids - Elementary & Middle School
- Career Decision Making - High Students, College Students, and Adults
- Destiny or Purpose Development - Children to Adults
Read about the price and features of the courses -
- Holland Codes For Kids Features
- Holland Codes For Kids Sale Prices
- Career Decision Making Features
- Career Decision Making Sale Prices
- Destiny or Purpose Development Features
- Destiny or Purpose Development Sale Prices