Are you looking for kid resources to introduce careers?
Building career awareness is a fundamental step in helping a child unlock his or her potential. The kid career resources are VISUAL learning techniques, and career test for kids that use colors to understand personal interests and career opportunities. Hollandcodes.com has launched a NEW virtual Holland Codes for Kids career awareness center for elementary and middle school students.
The Holland Codes for Kids Program has the following items -
- Virtual Kid Career Posters, Key, and Videos
- Starter Kit
- Career Resource Guide
- Training Manual
- Flash Cards and Bingo Cards
Holland Codes for Kids Model
There are two versions – the RIASEC Version and the Children’s Version.
- The RIASEC Version is for Middle School students and uses the Self-Directed Search Career Explorer.
- The Children’s Version is for elementary students and uses poster activity.
Holland Codes for Kids Career Posters
At the end of the career poster exercise, you receive a summary of the results. The Summary Sheet identifies your Holland Codes.
The Holland Codes for Kids Career Program comes with a Holland Code Descriptions, and Color Key. The Holland Codes for Kids Career Program is an excellent tool to introduce you to career exploration, Holland Codes, and Careers. The graphics hold your attention as you identify your career interests.
Promotional Starter Kit
The Starter Kit helps teachers, counselors, and parents prepare for a Paint Careers With Colors System. The Starter Kit has the following items –
- News Release
- Flyers for children
- Flyers for teachers, counselors, and parents
- Tent Cards
- Name Tags
- Stickers for Tent Cards and Name Tags
The News Release advertises the beginning of the Holland Codes for Kids Program. Send out the News Release prior to starting the system.
The Children’s and Adult’s Flyers provide information about the Holland Codes for Kids Program.
Use Name Tags and Tent Cards to identify children, students, teachers, counselors, or parents.
Individuals place stickers on Name Tags and Tent Cards. The Stickers lists the 6 Holland Codes. When the children or students have completed the Career Poster Exercise, they will be instructed to place the correct labels on their Name Tags and Tent Cards. The Stickers identify each individual’s Holland Codes.
Career Resource Guide
- Holland Code Career Assessment Activities
- Awareness, Assessment, and Knowledge Resources
- Career Exploration Sites
1. Look at Exploring Careers Web Sites
- Career Information
- Science Career Group
- Specific Careers — Science
Guide to Unlock Your Potential Curriculum
- To motivate students to expand their knowledge of themselves and the world of work
- To empower students with the skills, knowledge, and support they need to enhance their career and personal development
- To encourage the discovery and refinement of students’ work values, interests and skills, as well as their academic and career planning
3. Career Exploration
- Three Steps Within the Career Planning and Exploration Process
- Step One: Awareness, Knowledge and Assessment
- Step Two: Education and Occupational Exploration
- Step Three: Career Planning
- Career Exploration and Planning
- Areas Influencing Career Planning and Exploration
- Expanded List of Areas Influencing Career Planning and Exploration
- Career and Vocational Knowledge
- Different Occupational Areas
- Career Exploration Exercise Results
- Additional Career Websites
Flash Cards and Bingo Cards Sets
- Discover their interests, abilities, and skills.
- Find out what makes their personality tick.
- Explore careers with middle school students, children, and kids.
- Link careers to interests, abilities and skills.
- Flash Cards – Adults Version
- Flash Cards - Children Version
Get more information...