Explore Careers and College Majors System is a personalized, online, interactive, self-guided career planning and college planning system.
Click on the interactive graphic to learn about the details of the Explore Careers and College Majors System.
The Dashboard is the control center of the Explore Careers and College Major System.
There are five sections in the Dashboard -
- Self Assessments
- Explore the Possibilities
- Take Action
- Career and Education Planning Results
- Recommended Tools & Websites
- Self Assessments
The Self Assessment section begins with the My Academic Strengths.
The results provide an overview of the following areas -
- Subjects "I do very well"
- Subjects "I do alright"
- Subjects "I don't do well"
- "I never took this subject"
There are four assessments -
- Work Interest Assessment
- Personality Assessment
- Values Assessment
- Skills Assessment
There are detailed instructions for each assessment.
Explore the Possibilities
The Explore the Possibilities is the Career Exploration, the College Major Exploration and the College Search sections of the Explore Careers and College Major System.
In the Career Exploration section,
- You perform personalized career research.
- You identify potential careers.
- You begin narrowing career options.
After completing the interests, skills, personality types, and/or values tests, you can personalized occupations to your results and click on any occupation that interests you.
Then, you filter and personalize occupations by the following criteria -
- Job Family
- Green Job
- Bright Outlook
- Saved Occupations
After completing Career Exploration, you will -
- Match Holland Codes to training programs
- Perform personalized research to identify potential training programs
- Use training program search web site to find potential training programs
Explore and Occupation
The Explore and Occupation section is designed to help you can access college majors or degree programs.
One method is to click on the Explore any Occupation link.
Click on any occupation that interests you. Then, click on Education Requirements.
Another college major tool is the Explore Any Major Area of Study That Interests You tool.
College Major Exploration
Click on the College Search tool to use excellent college search resources!.
College Search options include -
- Type of College
- Enrollment & Costs
- Majors Offered
- Test Scores and Selectivity
- Athletics & Activities
- Search for colleges by name
The purpose of the Take Action section is to create a personalized road map of your academic and career development activities. Take Action serves as an online portfolio.
The areas under the Take Action section are -
- My Education
- My Professional Development
My Education covers -
- My Area of Study: Past, Current and Future
- My Study Abroad: Past, Current and Future
- My Awards, Research, Publications, Presentations
- My Campus Involvement: Teams/Clubs/Leadership
My Professional Development entails topics such as -
- My Internships: Past, Current and Future
- My Work Experience: Past, Current and Future
- My Volunteer / Community Service Experience: Past, Current and Future
- My Network of Contacts
- My Social Networking, Professional Memberships
- Resume / Cover Letter / Other Documents
Career and Education Planning Results
Career and Education Planning Results are a summary of your personalized assessment results and saved preferences.
Recommended Tools & Websites
Recommended Tools & Websites include -
- Job Boards and Internship Opportunities
- Links to Resources - including extensive online step-by-step tutorial loaded with downloads and websites
Watch video about the Explore Careers and College Majors System.
Cost for 2 users for Explore Careers and College Major System & Online Tutorial Course
Regular Cost $300/ Special Cost $99 (Save $201!)
Cost for 1 user for Explore Careers and College Major System & Online Tutorial Course
Regular Cost $150/ Special Cost $50 (Save $100!)
Go to web page!!!